[mythtv] Setting for mythbrowser default font size and screen scroll increment?

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 18 18:39:30 UTC 2007

Ross Campbell wrote:
> I've started using mythbrowser a fair bit more recently via rss feeds
> from mythnews. I have two minor enhancement requests:
>
> 1) I want to be able to set the default font size and have it "stick".
> When I go grab my wireless keyboard, I can right click / select "Zoom
> in" 4 or 5 times so that I can finally read most websites on my
> non-HTDV from the couch, but I really want mythbrowser to remember
> that setting of "+4 Zoom in" and have that be the default. (NOTE I
> just discovered that ff/rw do zoom in/out too :)

There is a setting on the MythBrowser Bookmark Settings page (Zoom [%])
that you can change to set the default zoom level.

> 2) screen scrolling increment adjustment. I can use the arrow keys or
> h/j/k/l to scroll around the screen, but the scroll increment is WAY
> too small for me. I'd bump it up to about 10X current setting to suit
> my remote control responsiveness and preferred font size,

Yep, I agree that's something that annoys me also. You can use page
up/down but that tends to scroll too much. Unfortunately I think the
scroll amount is controlled by the browser widget not by MythBrowser.
I've added it to my todo list as something to take a look at :-)
> Thanks.
> -Ross

Paul H.