[mythtv] Commercial skipping: Can I get the byte position in a recording instead of the frame?

Maclaren, James M maclaren at tulane.edu
Fri Jan 19 21:59:01 UTC 2007

I am trying to add commercial skipping to the mythroku frontend.  To skip in the video steam the roku requires the number of bytes to skip rather than the number of frames.  This is a result of the roku’s libraries for video streaming which I cannot change.  Obviously for fixed bit rate recordings the conversion is no problem, and for vbr you could guess based upon the average bit rate.  I have successfully queried my backend and got all the commercial breaks (in frames).  Is there any way to get that data in terms of bytes in the steam?

Thanks