[mythtv] Commercial skipping: Can I get the byte position in a recording instead of the frame?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Jan 20 04:57:59 UTC 2007

* On Fri Jan 19, 2007 at 03:59:01PM -0600, Maclaren, James M wrote:
> I am trying to add commercial skipping to the mythroku frontend.
> To skip in the video steam the roku requires the number of bytes to
> skip rather than the number of frames.  This is a result of the roku?s
> libraries for video streaming which I cannot change.  Obviously for fixed

You're going to have to look at the the recordedmarkup table (recordedseek
in current SVN) table to get the byte position of the keyframes then
seek to the nearest keyframe.  There isn't any easy way to get the byte
position of the exact frame so you'll only get seeking to keyframes unless
you can tell the library to not display a frame in which case you could seek
to the closest prior keyframe then skip frames up until the one you need.

--
Chris