[mythtv] Backend crash with SVN 0.20-fixes (r12509)

Matt Doran matt.doran at papercut.biz
Thu Jan 25 03:04:10 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm new to the scene and setup my first myth box a week or two ago.  I'm
loving myth.  Thanks for the great project!

I've had some instability (some due to a bugger tuner card driver) but
I've also seem some crashes in the myth backend.  I've attached the dump
that appeared in the log.  At the time of the crash I was watching a
recording, and I think the recording might have finished.

System details:

    * Mythtv 0.20-fixes (r12509) - compiled myself with GCC 4.1.2
    * AMD Dual Core 3600+ AM2
    * NVidia 6150 onboard video and chipsets
    * Ubuntu Edgy (with a 2.6.20-rc4 kernel)

I didn't find a core dump, because I think Ubuntu disables them by
default.  I've tried to enable core dumps by adding "ulimit -c
unlimited" before the "start-stop-daemon" command in the init script.
Does anyone know if this is the right thing to do to enable core dumps?

Thanks,
Matt