[mythtv] num of frames played vs nvp->GetTotalFrameCount()

Daniel Walton dwalton at cisco.com
Thu Jan 25 07:04:47 UTC 2007

I have a recording of an ABC HD show that is one hour long and according to
nvp->GetTotalFrameCount() is 158700 frames:

2007-01-25 00:13:25.263 CommDetector2::go pass 1 of 2 (158700 frames, 59.94 fps)

but when I do an "Edit Recording" to set cut-marks the last frame is 158582.
Two questions:

- what might be happening to the other 118 frames for them to not be played back
when watching the show?

- is there anyway to predetermine which frames will be skipped like this so the
commercial detector can also skip them?  Being off by 118 frames is a pain when
you're trying to troubleshoot the commercial detector.

thx
Daniel