[mythtv] Compiling from SVN odd error

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Jan 27 18:08:26 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-27 at 11:01 -0700, Justin Luitjens wrote:
> Last night I installed a new system with a clean OS and followed Jeord's
> guide to install mythtv.  I then followed the wiki guide on how to
> upgrade to SVN and I compiled myth.  However, now when I run any mythtv
> application I get the following error:

> There appears to be 2 versions of this library.  Which one is correct?
> And what is the best way to go about fixing this linking problem?

When you compile from scratch an application is by default
placed in /usr/local, reflecting the fact that it is a locally
compiled application. When you install vendor packages it is
installed in /usr, reflecting the fact that it is a vendor
compiled application. The simplest course of action is to
uninstall the version you do not wish to use, in this case
the vendor packages should be uninstalled.

-- Daniel