[mythtv] Softpad branch again

Sun Jan 28 22:47:34 UTC 2007

> Patrick Nichols wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm in a bit of a pickle with my mythtv setup due to lack of updates
>> to the softpad branch.
>>
>> I've just purchased a frontend for use with minimyth, and have got it
>> set up easily.  But I can't find a version of minimyth which supports
>> 0.20 protocol version 30 - the latest supported by the softpad
>> branch.
>> (Minimyth is available from protocol version 31-> current svn version
>> compatible)
>>
>> Since the current fixes version of 0.20 is protocol version 31, I'm
>> making a request (as nicely as I can, I'm relying on goodwill
>> here) to
>> do one of a few things:
>>
>>  - merge release-0-20-fixes branch back into the softpad branch
>>  - merge the current latest trunk back into the softpad branch
>>  - merge softpad into the current trunk version

Or someone could just merge the protocol changes from softpad into
trunk, without the scheduler changes.  They're the last two patches
in ticket #255.  That would allow the scheduler changes to merge
cleanly with most updates, as opposed to the current high rate of
conflicts.

>> I realise this will probably be quite a bit of work, however for
>> users
>> in Australia the softpad branch is a blessing.  I've had no problems
>> whatsoever using it.
>>
>> For me personally, softpad is the killer feature for mythtv,
>> without it
>> I find it very frustrating.  I mean, I bought the extra tuner
>> cards so
>> it could use all of them to record as much before and after as
>> possible
>> - not to sit idly by while the first tuner records all the shows
>> stripping off all global pre-roll and post-roll times.
>>
>> Please, please, please help me out here.

I agree that softpad is really useful in Australia.

Be well,

Will         :-}