[mythtv] Plextor ConvertX Transcoding

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 05:08:54 UTC 2007

* On Sun Jan 28, 2007 at 10:32:23PM -0500, Dale E. Martin wrote:
> > You can't use 'lossless' with a .nuv file which is what Myth creates when
> > you use your ConvertX, so this has to be the original 'lossy' part of the
> > transcoder.
>
> That's interesting, I never realized that.

I should have clarified that.  The newer mpeg2 -> mpeg2 part of the transcoder
is often referred to as the lossless transcoder.  You can do .nuv -> .nuv
lossless transcoding if all you are trying to do is apply the cutlist.  It's
not totally lossless since it has to reencode parts around the cutlist, but
it's close enough.

> http://maui.doit.org/~dmartin/conan-transcode.nuv

Thanks, I downloaded this and have another sample as well from the original
poster.

--
Chris