[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 17:51:45 UTC 2007

* On Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 12:28:15AM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> It's not clear to me that this stat must be slow.  (Was it profiled
> before this change went in?)  I can see that it might be over a slow
> NFS system, but presumably the MBE almost always has a local disk or a

The stat itself isn't slow, but if you're having to stat 1000 files, some
of which may be on remote backends or filesystems, the total time can be
slow.  And since this delay is visible in the GUI, it seems like it takes
a whole lot longer than it actually does.  A watched pot never boils....
The startup time for the Watch Recordings screen went down quite a bit
when the filesize field was added.  The biggest slowdown was probably
querying the filesizes for files on slave backends.

--
Chris