[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Jan 29 22:52:02 UTC 2007

* On Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 01:13:34PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Chris, I just came out of 'the way-back machine' (I wonder
> how many people will get that reference). There was a time
> when things didn't get added to oldrecorded until the recording
> finished successfully. This may be the origin of checking
> both tables. However, this changed years ago and there is

Probably so.

> In fact, oldrecorded now tracks a ton of info like the record
> status and includes items that didn't record for logging. There
> is a "duplicate" flag to mark if something is to be used for
> dup checking or not. It used to be that ForgetHistory would
> blow away the oldrecorded entry but now it leave the row in
> place and toggles the duplicate flag. The history of the show
> being recorded is still on the Previously Recorded page and
> the status is "Re-Record". You can even un-ForgetHistory.

Sounds like this could be used for what I'm talking about then.
We could use the "don't check for duplicates" flag in the
record table to set this flag in the oldrecorded table (so that
we don't use that row as a match for duplicate checking) if this
isn't done already.

> Details aside, the fact that something is in recorded doesn't
> tell us anything significant that we don't already know from
> oldrecorded. When Simpsons 101 starts it is added to recorded

Thanks for explaining the above.  I haven't kept up to date with
all the oldrecorded changes, I still have to look in the code
sometimes when searching for things related to the different
flags and the scheduler. :)

> I think that oldrecorded should be authoritative for dup
> checking. However, a thought right now is that if we do want
> to know if something is currently recorded, we could add another
> flag like oldrecorded.current to track if an episode is currently
> recorded while never querying 'recorded' from within the
> scheduler. I think I'd like this.

You have a better handle on this than I do and from your
descriptions, it sounds like there are a lot of other ways to
accomplish what I was describing without having to hit the
recorded table, so I'm happy.  It will be a few years before
little Olivia can handle the remote anyway...  :)

--
Chris