[mythtv] testing mythtv-vid branch - questions & problems

Andrew Lyon andrew.lyon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 21:20:14 UTC 2007

On 7/3/07, Matt Doran <matt.doran at papercut.biz> wrote:

> >> I'm not aware of any cards that can render 1080i using our
> >> OpenGL renderer, but then again the newest nVidia card I
> >> have is a 6800. nVidia PureVideo is a completely different
> >> beast and is not available under Linux. Not that it is
> >> something we couldn't implement ourselves, it would just
> >> be a few months of work for someone talented to tackle it.
> >>

> > I have 7600GT with 256MB and driver 8776 core 2 duo 2.4ghz 2gb ram,
> > the mythtv-vid opengl renderer works perfectly at 1920x1080 60hz
> > playing back various sources, h264 recordings transcoded  to xvid (too
> > intensive to playback in realtime currently), mpeg2, blue ray.
> >
> > Its the biggest single improvement ive seen in mythtv in the past few
> > months, the overall video qualiy seems much improved, especially in
> > upscaled sd content.
> >

> Hi Andy,
>
> Thanks for the info.   I might consider moving to a card with some more
> grunt! :)
>
> I'd be interested to know what you use for the following settings (the
> number of combinations to try makes it hard to know what combination is
> best):
>
>     * Deinterlacer

Bob (2x, HW) fallback Linear Blend

>     * Rendering method for OSD

opengl2 (osd fade enabled)

>     * vsync options in "nvidia-settings"

Sync to ebank and allow flipping both enabled

>     * OpenGL vsync setting mythtv

Enabled.

The card is: http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/components/msi-nx7600gt-t2d256ez

The card is driving a Sceptre X37S 1920x1080 37" LCD at 60hz, and also
a touchscreen on the front of my silverstone case, I run myth on the
touchscreen (for music etc) when the main display is powered off.

Andy