[mythtv] DVB + ./configure

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Jul 8 20:38:35 UTC 2007

> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> Does anyone object to me making ./configure default to
>> enabling DVB when it finds the DVB headers?
>>
>> This was disabled by default because some old DVB headers
>> would break the compile, but kernels with working headers
>> have been shipping for two years now.

I think you have answered your own question. Anyone compiling a NEW
version on that old a kernel should know better, or should be able to
figure it out from ./configure itself, especially if you add a comment
about acceptable kernel versions.

And anything which a computer can reasonably do, it should do. One of
those things is looking for the headers, and not forcing the user to
spelunk the unexplored corners of /usr/.....

Geoff