[mythtv] MythTV Multirec Branch...

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jul 9 16:20:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 16:48 +0100, Simon Levitt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007 15:38, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> I tried out the multirec branch over the weekend, just out of pure
> interest - I have 3 DVB-T tuners receiving FreeView in the UK, so
> don't run out that often. I experimentatlly allowed 4 concurrent
> recoridings on each.
>
> I noticed a couple of issues (possibly related):
> First issue was that my machine never became completely idle and thus
> didn't auto shutdown.
> The 2nd was that I saw masses of 'Program #nnnnn not found in PAT!'
> messages in my logs (@ VB_IMPORTANT) that I haven't seen before (not
> in those sort of numbers anway).
> EIT scanner changes?
EIT scanning is not yet supported in the branch, Janne has
a patch for this. I forgot this one in my list of known
problems...

> What I also saw was that two recordings will only be made from the
> same card concurrently if there are no other free cards available,
> correct?
No, this depends on the cardid of the virtual cards. If you
delete all your cards and then create the DVB cards with the
number of simultaneous recordings set > 1, the virtual cards
will be used right after the first card when possible. Grouping
scheduled recordings is something we are considering.

> This is different from how I expected it might work: It would pack up
> as many recordings onto a single card as possible before using the
> next.
If you follow the instructions above it will do this.

>  recordings - Any chance this could be optional?
See above. We haven't decided on the exact logic we will use
but the goal will be to record as many scheduled recordings
as possible while reserving as much channel changing capacity
in LiveTV as possible. We're just beginning to look at the
LiveTV usability tweaks and LiveTV bugs.

-- Daniel