[mythtv] Zap2It? We don't need no steenkin' Zap2It...

Christian Wattengård cwattengard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:28:43 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 July 2007 00:53:50 Robert Johnston wrote:
> > I've got part of a solution to our listings problem.
> >
> > If you hit MSN Media's TV Guide
> > (http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/guide/), and use a Passport account
> > to log in and set up your local listings, it'll give you a nice grid
> > of what's coming up. However, the web service they use for this can be
> > "Leveraged" for other purposes.
>
> I suggest you bring it up with the XMLTV guys rather than here. If the
> solution to the US guide data problem utilises XMLTV, and that looks very
> likely, then there won't be any changes on the MythTV end. All the work will
> be done through the XMLTV project.

As a "unofficial" representative of the XMLTV project I can comment on
the legality issues.
We have recently discontinued the German TV Today grabber because of
it's questionable legality. So for "us" to implement a grabber, it
must conform to the sources end-user agreement.

I'm crossposting this to the xmltv-devel list, so watch out when
replying to this one ;)

Christian W.
tv_grab_no / tv_grab_no_gfeed developer