[mythtv] xmltv and mythfilldatabase

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 12 15:59:17 UTC 2007

On 07/12/2007 11:49 AM, jack snodgrass wrote:
> On 7/12/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/12/2007 10:08 AM, jack snodgrass wrote:
>>
>>> I know that mythfilldatabase will use a xmltv file in passed with the
>>> --file argument, but
>>> I'm wondering if there is additional info the mythfilldatabase will
>>> use besides the
>>> xmltv file format.
>>>
>>> For example... if I use tv_grab_na_dd to get listing for my area... I
>>> don't see anything
>>> in the listing that says if a show is HD or not.  If I let
>>> mythfilldatabase pull the data
>>> itself... I see some shows listed as HDTV.
>>>
>>> Are there other fields that the mythfilldatabase can get from zap2it
>>> that the tv_grab_na_dd
>>> program chooses to ignore?
>>>
>> Yep.  Quite a bit of additional information is retrieved using the
>> Zap2It data directly rather than XMLTV output.
> it this documented anywhere by any chance? Maybe an example input file
> that mythfilldatabase --file understands?

Needs an XMLTV file with --file.  There's the --dd-file, which
understands the XML schema being used by DataDirect.  It's all
documented (with code) in the code.  :)

But, as I said in -users, I really think yours--like mine--will become
available once they fix your account--like they did mine.  Just be patient.

Mike