[mythtv] xmltv and mythfilldatabase

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 17:40:53 UTC 2007

jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote: Since the xmltv stuff does not need to be installed for
mythfilldatabase to work... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that mythfilldatabase does not use the xmltv code to pull data from zap2it....
You're correct.
For example... if I use tv_grab_na_dd to get listing for my area... I
don't see anything in the listing that says if a show is HD or not.  If I let
mythfilldatabase pull the data itself... I see some shows listed as HDTV.
I've tried to fit DD fields where I can without mangling the XMLTV format too much.

DD provides a HTDV flag.  If _na_dd sees it, it sets the  following.
                         $prog{video}{aspect}="16:9";
                         $prog{video}{quality}="HDTV";

I don't actually get HDTV listings so don't have listings handy to check, but that's what it's supposed to do. :)  (You can convert the code segment to the XMLTV XML in your head).   I don't know if Mythfilldatabase looks at those XMLTV fields.  If it's not in the XMLTV XML, let me know.

BTW.. I don't know the true aspect ratio, it's not in the DD feed.

Robert
XMLTV