[mythtv] Did somebody say they were going to do a projectgrayhem osd theme?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 21:11:47 UTC 2007

On Thursday 12 July 2007 15:32:47 Simon Kenyon wrote:
> Justin Hornsby wrote:
> > A couple of days ago I could have sworn I saw somebody mention they
> > were gonna make an OSD theme to go with neon-wide & projectgrayhem...
> > so er..
> >
> > www.juski.co.uk/projectgrayhem-osd.html
>
> do you mind me asking why the font selection is embedded in osd.xml?
> is this a limitation of the code? i would have expected (welll i did)
> that you could change it from the UI.

Font selection has to be in the theme because the font contributes as much to
the look of a theme as anything else. With the wrong fonts a theme could look
terrible and who would get the blame for that but the creator? I can imagine
a stream of tickets complaining "blootube looks crap with Comic Sans MS".

--
Stuart Morgan