[mythtv] Solution to OpenSUSE 10.2 "QMYSQL3 driver not loaded" issue.

Martin Møller martin at martinm-76.dk
Fri Jul 13 00:00:23 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I recently upgraded my 10.1 system to 10.2 like the others but this one
refused to connect to the database at all.

mysql -hx.x.x.x -umythtv -p mythconverg worked fine.

Turns out the qt3-mysql package in version 3.3.8 is broken (at least from a
MythTV point of view). This may have been mentioned before, but it didn't
seem to show up in searches.

Anyway, downgrade to the version that came with OpenSUSE (3.3.7) and all is
well. No other packages need downgrading.

This is in particular in reference to:

/Martin.