[mythtv] ... channel change times....?

Erez D erez0001 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:34:38 UTC 2007

well, i adressed the issue completely different.
i though that as myth is devided to backend, frontend, and database (which
each could be on a different platform)
why dont we split the backend from the hardware, e.g. have a DVB card +
deamon on one platform, an analog capture card + deamon on another platform
and the backend on a differnt platform. it should also be possible to
transcode in realtime on the deamon side so one can have a capture card
across the internet in another country ...

this requires very big changes or even a rewrite of myth ...

so i started to write thease deamons, starting from the one for a DVB-S
card.
however i didn't have the time to finish it, and currently i have a half
baked driver+deamon for a dvb-s card.

so time and priorities sent me to do different things, and for this reason i
do not think i'll find the time to learn the myth code to even see where i
need to make the changes for a faster channel change (if it is even possible
since there are greate developpers for myth and nobody fixed that which
means that either it wasn't a priority or that it was impossible).

erez.