[mythtv] Xbox hardware detection

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Tue Jul 17 13:35:17 UTC 2007

> On 7/16/07, Matthew Wire <devel at mrwire.co.uk> wrote:
>> Anyone with Xbox hardware, could you take a look at your system and see
>> if
>> there is any way of identifying that the system is an Xbox?
>>

> Ummm, I had a look around and whilst I don't really know what most of
> them do, I did find mention of Xbox in cmdline.
>
> mythFE2:~# cat /proc/cmdline
> root=/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part2 devfs=mount kbd-reset xbox=hdd
>
> Not too sure what that really is???

Id use the presence of hda50 in /proc/partitions
or specific freq and cpu type or a combination of below.
however Id probably extract the xbox status bit from mythfrontend and put in
in mythlcdserver and activate it with a cmdline option.

mark

myth1:~# cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   3     0   10002825 hda
   3     1     250000 hda1
   3     2    1936288 hda2
   3    50    5000024 hda50
   3    51     512000 hda51
   3    52     768000 hda52
   3    53     768000 hda53
   3    54     768000 hda54
   3    55    2186289 hda55
myth1:~# cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Celeron (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 733.343
cache size      : 128 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 1467.92
clflush size    : 32