[mythtv] Plans to move to QT4...

Bert Haverkamp bert at bertenselena.net
Tue Jul 17 20:09:28 UTC 2007

2007/7/17, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk>:
> On Sunday 15 July 2007 23:58:22 Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > Rob Smith wrote:
> > > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#When_will
> > >_MythTV_be_ported_to_QT4.3F

> > however, trolltech have stopped supporting QT3 as of 1-jul-2007.
>
> That's only relevant if you were paying for or even using their support, we
> weren't. Trolltech still have at least one further release planned for QT 3
> (3.3.9).
>
> We might still be using QT3 ten years from now unless people step forward to
> do the work necessary to move to QT4. Talking about it gets us nowhere, there
> have been dozens of threads on this subject and the position is quite clear.
> --
> Stuart Morgan

To ask an other nasty question. Is there any indication on when 0.21
will be released? 0.20 will soon have its first birthday and the
change list since is getting impressively long. Are you waiting for
some important merges, or is the project in a linux-2.5.x kind of
vicious development circle?

Regards,

Bert