[mythtv] (How) does allow re-record work?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Wed Jul 25 19:45:18 UTC 2007

    > Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:16:42 -0400 (EDT)
    > From: f-myth-users at media.mit.edu

	> > Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:57:38 -0400
	> > From: Tony Lill <ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca>

	> > I was thinking progamatically. I've modified the commercial flagger to
	> > recognize recordings with long blank stretches (tested and working) or
	> > long frozen stretches and do "something". Just working on the
	> > something bit.

    > Can you post your patches?

...and another screw case, which might necessitate some adjustable
threshold on what "frozen" or "blank" means (I'd be happy to play
around with it):

I've also seen issues where either the cable co or whoever they're
copying a feed from screws up and loses the feed.  Sometimes it's just
black.  But often some intermediate piece of equipment inserts a
little "No video" text on a black background.  Depending on the
channel (and thus presumably the source), that "No video" message
either stays plastered to the screen in the same place, or it -jumps
around- in a screen-saver-ish manner every few seconds.

So one thing I could do is take your patches & start accumulating a
little clip library of misbehaviors to serve as a regression test.
Unfortunately that might not take all that long... :/