[mythtv] Framebuffer number query failed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 28 07:06:33 UTC 2007

On 07/28/2007 02:50 AM, philip wrote:
> I just updated my system from FC6 kernel 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 to
> 2.6.22.1-24.fc6.  I also did a "yum update" to get any updated IVTV
> packages from atrpms.  After a reboot, I tried to watch previously
> recorded programs and received the following error in the mythfrontend
> log.  Things seem to work if I go back to the 2.6.20 kernel.
>
> Is there anything that I need to update to correct this error?

Yep.  Read the (extremely high-traffic ;) thread at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/279741#279741 , then
get in touch with Hans, and update the MythTV PVR-350 hardware decoder code.

Really, this is a -users question.  However, if you were to write the
code for the conversion, then posting questions about it will be a -dev
topic. :)

Mike