[mythtv] EITScanner.cpp log verbosity

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:58:42 UTC 2007

I've noticed on my slave backend (1 DVB-T card) that its log output
(default important/general logging) is full of EIT messages regarding
which channel the EIT scanner is using, and whether any EIT events
have been inserted (messages from EITScanner.cpp). There is a smaller
concentration of these messages of my master backend, but with 3 DVB-T
cards itself, there are still plenty of messages overall.

I'm wondering whether both of these messages are better directed
toward the VB_EIT target to give the user more control over whether
they are displayed or not (that's what the logging targets are surely
for). Running with eit logging enabled, the volume of messages does
not seem to be ridiculous, and it is still easy to filter by eye the
EITScanner messages.

I will post a patch for this to trac if it's deemed a sensible idea
(otherwise I'll just use it myself).

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: