[mythtv] UK Freeview "Playback"

Bradley Kite bradley.kite at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 13:56:13 UTC 2007

On 09/01/07, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well this is how I'd like it to work, note: I have 2 tuners...
>
> Recording schedule is set like:
>
> Show is on channel 1 at 8pm-9pm
> Show is on channel 1 at 9pm-10pm
> Show is on channel 2 at 8pm-9pm
>
> I want the channel 1 shows to be recorded on tuner 1 with the overlapping
> padding to be cut off so that the channel 2 show can still be recorded with
> padding.
>
> However if recording schedule is set like:
> Show is on channel 1 at 8pm-9pm
> Show is on channel 1 at 9pm-10pm
>
> I want tuner 1 to record the first show and tuner 2 to record the second
> show both with padding.
>
> MythTV can't do this, which is a shame but it has been discussed a load of
> times and I would just have to buy a bigger case and get a 3rd tuner if it
> bothered me enough (or wait for multiple recording off a single tuner to be
> implemented).
>
> Ash.
>
> On 1/8/07, Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> wrote:

> > keeping
> > > That really annoys/puzzles me too.
> >
> > You both might want to read this thread where I brought up the same
> > question.
> >
> >    http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mythtv-users&m=114123027524947&w=4
> >
> > Use the per-program start early / end late and it will all work as you
> > desire.  The "system wide" padding doesn't do what you think it
> > does...
> >
> > --
> > Nick Craig-Wood <nick at craig-wood.com> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick

This thread hasnt been discussed for a while, and I was just wondering if
thats because "Freeview Playback" compliance has already been implemented
(to an extent) or if its dependant on other developments (like the
mythtv-multirec branch for overlapping start-early/end-late shows?) before
it can be fully implemented?

I am currently running the 0.20-fixes branch, but would consider tracking
-HEAD if these features were implemented there.

Thanks in advance
--
Brad.