[mythtv] GOP_BYFRAME vs. GOP_START and mythcommflag --rebuild

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jun 5 04:44:05 UTC 2007

* On Tue Jun 05, 2007 at 12:07:02AM -0400, Bill wrote:
> Use mythtranscode --buildindex instead.  This will only work for recordings,
> if its a video (under mythvideo), you need the patch to ticket # 3533.
>
> Actually, mythcommflag will sometimes create the MARK_GOP_START  and
> sometimes as MARK_GOP_BYFRAME .  Just depends what the initial key frame
> distance is in the file.

Actually, mythcommflag doesn't do much at all, it's the decoders doing
the work and that's what ticket #1088 references.  It's on my TODO list and
in my ticket view, but is very low priority for me so if someone else wants
to submit a patch for 1088 then feel free to do so. :)  I've been using and
programming on Myth for over 4 and a half years now and have not lost a
single table due to corruption.  mythcommflag --rebuild just tells the
decoder to save it's positionmap after mythcommflag finishes 'playing' the
file, so the fix is in the decoder and player code, not in mythcommflag.

I'm not trying to jump on anyone's case, just trying to point people in
the right direction if anyone gets the urge to work on a fix for this. :)

I'm happy to review any patches, just attach them to ticket #1088 and
I'll see them.

--
Chris