[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r13550

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Tue Jun 5 08:50:48 UTC 2007

> I'm guessing it's failing for you because you do not have
> /var/lib/mythtv/ ? xris's new version doesn't check whether this

/var/log/mythtv

> and checking whether the MythTV user? is executable...

Fixed, noticed it as well, haven't actually looked at the init script (I
don't use it, yet).

> I'll try to look into whether Fedora does indeed now support the
> --user option, as opinion has been divided on that for some time. Does
> F7 finally resolve this issue?

It was never (and I use never in the common use of never, as in I don't
remember when) a problem of supporting --user. The problem is that the
device permissions may be (in fact, are, excluding you taking action to
correct it) incorrect for anyone other than root at that point. I've enabled
--user again, if you are trying to run the backend as a user other than root
you should be able to figure it out (yes I'll regret not adding a comment
about that in the actual file).

> Finally, does the script need to be called with daemon $BINARY
> --daemon? Are both daemon options required?

The first is the function call, the second is the long version of -d for
mythbackend. I thought I saw the same craziness so it isn't just you. I'm
attributing it to the hour which brings me to, it is late, I'm flagging this
thread for follow-up, if Chris Petersen doesn't get to them I'll look at
your tickets tomorrow.

--
Anduin Withers