[mythtv] Time to Vote? (as Re: Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jun 5 16:08:17 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 11:38 -0400, Dan Wilga wrote:
> I'm one of those people who dislikes light-on-dark web pages.

> I suspect that people who like this color scheme either don't
> have the same degree of afterimage, or their brains more
> easily filter it out when reading.

Or.. they get migraines when viewing dark text on a light
background for any length of time. I'm annoyed by afterimages,
but the thought of eight to twelve hours of debilitating pain
or even a couple hours of pain followed by a lost zombie day
due to medication out-gun the annoyance.

This doesn't mean I have any problem with a dark on light
design, firefox will dutifully show me white text on a dark
blue background with a 17 point font no matter what the
website designers chose. As long as the design allows for
text that is larger than the default and doesn't put stupid
images behind text, the web page should be readable to me.
And since all web pages look like this to me, I'm not going
to knock any points off on the design.

-- Daniel