[mythtv] Need help catching a segfault in mythbackend?

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 19:35:33 UTC 2007

On Friday 08 June 2007 19:37:12 voidtrance at comcast.net wrote:
> > > Your backtrace does not look anything like mine with one exception. It
> > > looks like we are both getting crashing in locking/sync code (I get it
> > > in QMutex::lock. However, unlike you, I usually get a crash per day.
> > > Most of the time, it looks like it is crashing when the backend is
> > > attempting to record from my DVB card.
> >
> > Are you using a packaged version or compiling from source? If from
> > source, are you using --enable-proc-opt?
>
> I am using them RPMs from ATrpms bleeding so I am not sure how they have
> been compiled. I could try to find out when I get home.

So far all the segfaults in QMutex::lock that I've seen have been with
packaged versions of mythtv. I might be wrong, but I've come to the
conclusion that this is a packaging problem. The build options used on the
build system are probably incorrect for the systems on which they are being
used.

Compiling the same version on your own machine and then seeing whether you can
reproduce the crash would be extremely helpful in confirming this. If it
still crashes, at least we might get a more meaningful backtrace.
--
Stuart Morgan