[mythtv] HD-Homerun not scanning, where to look?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jun 8 22:51:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-08 at 14:31 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com>:
>
> > If you can downgrade to trunk SVN rev 12618, and run the scan it should
> > work, and then you can re-upgrade to latest SVN. That's the only way
> > I've been able to get the HDHR to do a successful scan for me.
>
> Hmm... I'll try that if I can.  I'm a little worried about the
> database downref, but I'll just be sure to backup my database
> first.  I'm ALSO worried a little because I have the HDHR and
> my PCHD3k configured to use the same source (because they're
> connected to the same cable and most likely can get the same
> channels).  I assume the channel scanner will do the right thing
> in this case and separate out the dtv multiplex information for
> the HDHR vs. the pchd3k even when they're on the same sourceID?
>
> I probably wont have time to try this until this weekend, I'm
> afraid.

Assuming you are using the DVB drivers for the pcHDTV HD-3000
card you can just scan using that and the HDHR will happily tune
using the same tuning information. In the unlikely event that
you are using the old v4l2 DTV driver for the HD-3000, then the
two cards need to be connected to two different sources.

-- Daniel