[mythtv] HD-Homerun not scanning, where to look?

David Shay david at shay.net
Sat Jun 9 03:45:12 UTC 2007

On 6/8/07, Tom Lichti <tom at redpepperracing.com> wrote:
> Derek Atkins wrote:

> > This works for me in making it reliably find the HDHR, but the
> > scan still shows no channels.  I'm wondering if it's because
> > there's no EIT information so every channel shows up like:
> >
> > SCANNING: 627000000 (us-cable:91, us-irc:91)
> > LOCK: qam256 (ss=83 snq=90 seq=100)
> > PROGRAM: 2: 0.0
> > PROGRAM: 3: 0.0
> > PROGRAM: 4: 0.0
> > SCANNING: 633000000 (us-cable:92, us-irc:92)
> > LOCK: qam256 (ss=89 snq=90 seq=100)
> > PROGRAM: 8: 0.0 (encrypted)
> > PROGRAM: 51: 0.0 (encrypted)
> >

> >> Haven't taken the SVN or channel-scan-branch plunge yet, but doesn't
> >> seem like SVN will buy me much right now.
> >>

> > I'm running trunk.
> >
> If you can downgrade to trunk SVN rev 12618, and run the scan it should
> work, and then you can re-upgrade to latest SVN. That's the only way
> I've been able to get the HDHR to do a successful scan for me.

I'm at .20 and it doesn't work. SVN trunk also doesn't work. Are you
indicating that changes between .20 and SVN 12618 make this work, but
then it gets broken again between 12618 and current?

Clearly chgset 12619 does a bunch of stuff.  In doing a diff between
.20 and 12618, the major HD HomeRun changes appear to be related to
updating the hdhomerun libraries, as well as some changes to
hdhrsignalmonitor and hdhrrecorder.  I suppose this seems plausible
then, I just wanted to make sure there was real good reason to believe
this before I took the plunge.

Thanks.