[mythtv] Theme source location update proposal (and mythcontrol plugin widescreen ui problem)

Roo roo.watt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 11:10:48 UTC 2007

I replied to the original ticket (#2078) thread but gmail seems to
have sorted it oddly, so I thought I would start a new thread.

I have noticed a problem with the mythcontrols widescreen ui.xml today.

It appears that when the keybinds to change the display were removed
in [13146] that the widescreen controls-ui.xml wasn't updated (remove
the text labels at the top of screen). I have attached a patch to
rectify this.

************

I guess the issue stems from the fact that the widescreen *-ui.xml
files are stored in the mythtv/themes/default-wide/ directory.

I understand that the widescreen themes would have evolved but this
seems a strange location for them.

Do people think it is time to reorganise the theme files? Something like...
    mythplugins/mythcontrols/mythcontrols/themes/default
    mythplugins/mythcontrols/mythcontrols/themes/default-wide

Simply create a themes subdirectory in the plugin that reflects the
installed location
ie "cp themes/ $${PREFIX}/share/mythtv/"

Any thoughts on this, I can do the tedious grunt work if a dev wants,
just need to be told how to do it...

Cheers,

Roo