[mythtv] mythtv- code architecture

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Wed Jun 13 19:20:01 UTC 2007

Good documentation lowers the barrier to entry for new developers who
can make solid contributions.  Making that documentation easily
accessible wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I've been reading the wiki, perusing the lack of documentation on
doxygen, and reading a book on Qt.  I feel like I'm playing Resident
Evil or some other video game where you have to go through a maze
collecting clues and then you have to defeat teh final boss of the
internet before you find what you need to develop something for mythtv.

It's my first attempt at joining an open source project... so I'm gonna
stick it out and learn stuff. I just wanted to say that I sympathize
with Khalid and the long long journey he'll undertake to learn how to
develop stuff for mythtv.

 - hendrixski

P.S. I'd love to see a diagram of the architecture as well.  Something
to help me understand how to code for it.  Just a nice detailed picture
would answer SSSSOOOO many questions for me that I'd probably not have
to pester anyone on the IRC channel for a while.