[mythtv] Mythtv mpeg frame counting - patch?
ylee at pobox.com
Fri Jun 15 14:50:07 UTC 2007
Bill <level42 at sympatico.ca> says:
> What am I missing for this problem? I checked the repeat_pic field in
> AVFrame (I think it is); this is not the problem. It is almost as if the
> actual frame rate is 24, or the frame rate is not constant or for DVB
> broadcast they are playing some other tricks to save bandwidth.
Some observations that may help you to fix this issue:
* On my cable system, I see the discrepancy with both HD premium-movie
channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc.). One hour equals about 5GB and the OSD
reports about 51-52 minutes. Advertisements and other non-filmed
material's elapsed times appear correct. See
* I see the discrepancy with non-HD, non-premium but digital cable
(SoapNET, for example, which is channel 130) channels. One hour
equals about 1.4GB and the OSD reports about 51 minutes.
* The discrepancy does not exist with non-HD, analog cable channels
(TCM, for example, which is channel 51). One hour equals about
* The discrepancy does not exist with HDNet Movies and HDNet, which
are HD channels that advertise their unusually high-bandwidth
feeds. One hour equals to about 7.5GB +-0.3GB.
* The discrepancy exists to some degree with other HD channels such as
National Geographic and Discovery HD Theater. This is very
program-specific, however; the discrepancy for the recent miniseries
_Planet Earth_, for example, is only 15-30 seconds, while the
longtime staple _Sunrise Earth_ used to carry no discrepancy but now
typically carries a two or three-minute discrepancy even on older
episodes that used to carry no discrepancy. One hour equals to about
* The discrepancy does not exist with most San Francisco Bay area OTA
and cable HD network affiliates' HD channels. One hour equals to
about 7.5GB +-0.3GB.
* The discrepancy has existed for the past year or so with the local
NBC affiliate's OTA and cable HD channel. One hour equals to about
7.5GB +-0.3GB and the OSD reports about 52 minutes for filmed
videotaped material (like Jay Leno) does not carry the discrepancy,
or if it does is only for 15-30 seconds.
Yeechang Lee <ylee at pobox.com> | +1 650 776 7763 | San Francisco CA US
More information about the mythtv-dev