[mythtv] Time to Vote? (as Re: Official Thread: Mythtv.org Redesign)

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jun 21 05:51:42 UTC 2007

ok, I've been trying to figure out the best way to integrate a "full"
menu but still keep a relatively sane/simple layout on the page, like
Jean-Philippe's layout.

I think that if we move to consider the top menu a more dynamic area,
with two to four separate regions represented, we can fit in two
horizontal menus.

    http://newmyth.forevermore.net/  (note: requires firefox for now)

The extra two regions would be a blank area at the top for artistic
purposes, and a breadcrumb area somewhere to the left of the submenu.
With the addition of a breadcrumb, the submenu area would probably get
marked off visually even when its content is hidden.

I should also say that though I like Herman's latest rendering, I don't
think that it will provide the kind of integration that I'm looking for
on trac, wiki, etc.

Anyway, thoughts?  I'd like to get this conversation moving again so
that we can consider deploying a new site in the next month or so.

-Chris