[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r12906 - in trunk/mythtv by bjm

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Mar 2 04:42:49 UTC 2007

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > The hasAirDate flag will be set if the date is blank, null,
>     > year zero, before the history of television or whatever. This
>     > flag should always be checked before displaying or relying on
>     > the date stored in the originalairdate. If this flag is not
>     > set, the date is unknown and whatever garbage date exists in
>     > the field is meaningless.
>
> Err, for movies that were produced before television was invented, do
> broadcasters ever set the original airdate to the date the movie was
> released?

Err, no. These dates were bogus when written to recorded.
The program data copied to recordedprogram are correct
fortunately and the dbcheck I added should retroactively
fix the bogus dates in the recorded table. The "airdate"
(which should have been named "year") is the year of release
for movies only.

mysql> select count(*) from program where originalairdate = '0000-00-00' and category_type='movie';
| count(*) |
|     7786 |
1 row in set (0.20 sec)