[mythtv] questions about some basic knowledge of mythtv

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Fri Mar 2 06:27:54 UTC 2007

I have some puzzles about mythtv installation.
We want to develop some plugin on mythtv, I am a new user for mythtv and
Fedora.

1. Which installation would be better for our target (to develop plugin),
such installation as:
          (1)
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora_Core
          (2)
http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora_Core
     the difference between them is what?

2.
        http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora_Core
and           http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
        these two ways are the same one, so I can install mythtv
successfully according to the steps on such guide, is that right?
       But, I always found some errors in such process when I tried.
       and, i always fould other also met many problems even with that help
guid.

3.    I have installed Fedora 6, and run #yum upgrade, cost much time, many
hours, is it proper?

many thanks!