[mythtv] "-1 B" file sizes in MythWeb

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sat Mar 3 18:24:03 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> says:
> > How do I see what's in the table? I don't know enough SQL syntax to
> > know the answer without some coaching.
>
> SELECT filesize FROM recorded WHERE chanid = X AND starttime = Y;

OK. Here's what I get with one of the recordings affected by the -1
issue:

    +----------+
    | filesize |
    +----------+
    |       -1 |
    +----------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

And here's what I get for one that doesn't exhibit this issue:

    +------------+
    | filesize   |
    +------------+
    | 8483244320 |
    +------------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

To recap (with some new details) for those interested in the issue
(I'll go ahead and also put this into a ticket):
* The recordings are totally intact, with no seektable issues.
* No file size appears in mythfrontend's Program Details screen.
* The lack-of-proper-filesize issue limits what appears in Program
  Details. I have two episodes of a TV show recorded back to back. One
  has the issue, one doesn't. The episode that does have the issue
  only displays the following lines of data in Program Details:

    Title, Description, Category, Type, Original Airdate, Program ID,
    MythTV Status, Recording Rule, Recording Profile.

  The episode without the issue displays the following lines:

    Title, Description, Category, Type, Episode Number, Original
    Airdate, Program ID, Actors, Executive Producer, Guest Star,
    MythTV Status, Recording Rule, Recording Host, Recorded File Size,
    Recording Profile, Recording Group, Playback Group.

* MythWeb says these files' sizes is "-1 B."
* Manually-rebuilding the seektable
  (<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/236245#236245>)
  does not fix the file size.
* Transcoding the recording with autodetect (MPEG2-to-MPEG2) sometimes
  fixes the file size and sometimes it doesn't. Transcoding didn't fix
  the TV episode above, for example, and what appeared in Program
  Detail didn't change.
* This issue currently exists in seven of 985 recordings. All seven
  recordings were made with various iterations of 0.20-fixes.
* I've seen this issue similarly pop up perhaps a dozen more times I'm
  aware of over the past 14 months that, and thousands of recordings
  for, I've used MythTV. In addition to 0.20-fixes, I also saw it with
  0.19.1.