[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sun Mar 4 02:31:06 UTC 2007

Weird not-quite-a-bug that I noticed during my testing, btw, but
forgot to include in the message:

When I did LOCK TABLES RECORDED WRITE; for 30 seconds to demonstrate
that it'd cause the unpatched SBE to hang and trash its recording
(which it certainly did), I also noticed that my "-v all" log for that
recording did -not- have any IOBOUND errors even though it was clear
that I'd dropped 30 seconds of buffers.

I find this very curious.

I know that that SBE -can- log IOBOUND errors (I have them in logs
from other recordings that were glitched by scheduler runs), but I'm
a little worried if it can drop large chunks like this without the
warning somehow winding up in the logs; in part, it means I may have
lots more undetected corruption than I realized (since certainly not
everything recorded has been viewed yet).

Any ideas why this might have happened?