[mythtv] Scheduler needs table keys?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Mar 4 05:23:03 UTC 2007

* On Sat Mar 03, 2007 at 11:26:46PM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
> The thing that weirds me out a little about this is that those IOBOUND
> errors were really common around scheduler runs.  I suppose I could be

I can see how that could happen.  The scheduler inadvertently blocked the
recorded table.  The recorder got hung up waiting to update
recorded.filesize.  The ivtv buffers filled up.  Now, all the sudden the
scheduler query finishes, the recorder updates recorded.filesize and
starts grabbing all that queued up data which in turn filters it's way
over to TFW which potentially kicks out a few IOBOUND errors because
of the surge of data it just received.

> Is there any command-line-based tool I can run on an ivtv-generated
> mpeg file to detect whether it's been corrupted?  E.g., something that
> just looks for keyframes where they're supposed to be, etc?  I'd like

You might be able to do this with one of the replex tools, or grep
the output of mythtranscode's mpeg2 -> mpeg2 side redirected to /dev/null.

--
Chris