[mythtv] DirectFB-1.0.0-rc4, qt-embedded-free-3.3.8

Alan Calvert cal at graggrag.com
Mon Mar 5 06:23:41 UTC 2007

Mike Gibson wrote:
>> Building with these these two oddities gets as far as an error linking
>> -o mythtv, seemingly QT related. Anyone interested? Or perhaps it just
>> silly to try ... I'm not sure.
>
> Looks like a problem with the qt part.  Not a problem with DirectFB.
Agreed, DirectFB still looks promising. Also, I suspect the issue might not
lie with Qt, but with Mythtv. The only hint I found through googling was
an identical error sequence where the solution came from "Are you sure
you have a definition of each non-pure virtual function. In particular
check the first non-inline non-pure virtual function of <class name>.
The compiler uses that (if it exists) as a key. It will emit the vtable,
typeinfo and other class related objects in the object file containing
that key". My last serious encounter with C++ was about 1995, so I _am_
guessing. Tracking that sort of issue through Mythtv and/or Qt is beyond
me.

> Have you made the required changes to the myth code for qt/embedded?
> I have them lying around somewhere if you're interested.
I'm interested. I've seen some recommendations, but if your collection is
easy for you to gather, I would appreciate a look.

> This is the configuration that I'm working with right now.  FYI, many
> of the howtos out there on how to get MythTV working without X (and
> via the framebuffer) are not correct.  There is an implied connection
> between DirectFB and Qt/Embedded, which is incorrect.
Yep, I noticed.

> working on a qt/embedded (3.3) driver that does use DirectFB.  It can
> be found at www.directfb.org in cvs under qte-directfb.  The graphics
> portion is the only part that works right now.  But it does work.  The
> keyboard and mouse portions are coming up.  There is also the issue of
> MythTV itself using DirectFB which I haven't even tested.  I'm using
> it for my Matrox G400 card for which there is great support in
> DirectFB.
Cool, I'll take a look at qte-directfb. And on the matrox thing - mine's
an old G450 that I simply refuse to give up.

cheers, Cal