[mythtv] New method for channel icon lookup

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Mar 5 17:34:50 UTC 2007

Robin Gilks wrote:
> Is this world wide or USA only? Are there any dependancies on xmltv,
> zap2it (whatever its called) or file input to mythfilldatabase from a hand
> crafted XML source?

It uses icons from lyngsat, and should work for anywhere that uses any
of the four source types I listed:

 * xmltvid
 * callsign
 * dvb id trio (transport id, network id, service id)
 * atsc id trio (transport id, major channel, minor channel)

The db is stored at mythtv.org, so it's completely separate from any
other service.  The perl script I wrote will walk you through
choosing/downloading the icons, and will update the db for you.  I
expect that future versions of mythtv-setup, the frontend, and/or
mythweb will get some kind of gui, too.

-Chris