[mythtv] Schema updates

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Mon Mar 5 18:00:47 UTC 2007

    > Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 09:36:33 +0000
    > From: Simon Kenyon <simon at koala.ie>

    > > But if we can figure out if there -is- a solution everyone can live
    > > with, that'd be a great start on this issue.
    > >
    > how about the "ruby on rails" solution?
    > every db "upgrade" script also has an associated "downgrade" script

I'd love something like that, but it's always been my assumption that
maintaining the downgrade scripts would (at least!) double the
developers' schema-related workload and be error-prone besides,
especially since the issue seems of marginal importance to them.  So
my guess has been that the least-work thing that might get through is
simply preventing accidental upgrades instead.