[mythtv] DirectFB-1.0.0-rc4, qt-embedded-free-3.3.8

Mike Gibson megibson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 05:50:39 UTC 2007

On 3/5/07, Peter Schade <l-case at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> >Have you made the required changes to the myth code for qt/embedded?
> >I have them lying around somewhere if you're interested.
>
> Perhaps we should publish some basic infos on the wiki:
> http://mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythTV_in_Framebuffer
> I have started this a while ago, but not get any further. Can you have a
> look at this info and say what's totaly wrong ;)
> Can you send me the patch you made?

That's something that I'd like to do once I get around to it.  It's
just the implication in that guide  that DirectFB is the API
Qt/Embedded uses.  I'm not sure about other MythTV functionality,
which I've heard uses DirectFB (Like the video output) but the GUI
portion doesn't use DirectFB.  There should probably be a warning
there that says that it isn't finished.  Once I get my MythTV box up
and running the way I want it, I'll work on that guide.

One this (for everyone who tries to get this to work).  I believe the
problem with previous attempts at using QtE would be with changes made
in 3.3.6.  I believe I tried to build with 3.3.7 and had problems.
It's been awhile though.

I don't really know how to generate a proper patch, but here is the
diff of the two mythtv trees (0.19) that I'm using.

diff -r mythtv-0.19-original/libs/libmythtv/videoout_directfb.cpp
mythtv-0.19/libs/libmythtv/videoout_directfb.cpp
175d174
<         {0xffff,0x00},
diff -r mythtv-0.19-original/libs/libmythui/libmythui.pro
mythtv-0.19/libs/libmythui/libmythui.pro
21c21
< HEADERS += mythpainter_ogl.h mythpainter_qt.h
---
> HEADERS += mythpainter_qt.h
27c27
< SOURCES += mythpainter_ogl.cpp mythpainter_qt.cpp
---
> SOURCES += mythpainter_qt.cpp
diff -r mythtv-0.19-original/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp
mythtv-0.19/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp
25c25
< #include "mythpainter_ogl.h"
---
> //#include "mythpainter_ogl.h"
187c187
<               : QGLWidget(NULL, "mainWindow")
---
>               : QWidget(NULL, "mainWindow")
193,194c193,194
<     d->painter = new MythOpenGLPainter();
<     //d->painter = new MythQtPainter();
---
>     //d->painter = new MythOpenGLPainter();
>     d->painter = new MythQtPainter();
247c247
<     setAutoBufferSwap(false);
---
> //    setAutoBufferSwap(false);
diff -r mythtv-0.19-original/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.h
mythtv-0.19/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.h
8c8
< #include <qgl.h>
---
> //#include <qgl.h>
38c38
< class MythMainWindow : public QGLWidget
---