[mythtv] Padding of recordings

Martin Long mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 22:03:34 UTC 2007

I've noticed recently that the automatic padding that I've set (5 mins
before and after) is not being added if there is a recording before or after
irrespective of which channel it is on. I have 4 tuners, and there's almost
always 2 free. My impression was that this would be the case ONLY if that
recording was on the same channel, is this not the case? I'm guessing that
the scheduler ignores padding when allocating tuners?

I'm wondering if the time for allocating tuners 'on-the-fly' might be with
us (so that padding can simply be preserved by allocating a free tuner if
one is available). Tuners would still be 'loosly' allocated by the scheduler
in the same way, to flag up conflicts etc, but these could be changed at
record time by the backend - pretty much ignored in fact.