[mythtv] Padding of recordings

Martin Long mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Wed Mar 7 23:00:00 UTC 2007

The problem is, that doesn't provide the required behaviour. If I add
padding to the individual recording rules, then it would flag a conflict as
opposed to just dropping the padding.

The (or at least my) desired behaviour is:

   - If a tuner is free, use it to preserve the padding.
   - If a tuner isn't free, but not conflicts otherwise, drop the padding.

I understand what you're saying about the many people who have a mix of
tuners analogue / digital / digibox, but I know many people who do exactly
what I do, and have 3 - 6 identical tuners. It would be nice to be able to
implement the above behaviour in some way - JIT allocation, or otherwise.
Even if you have to flag somewhere that all tuners are the same.

Martin