[mythtv] Padding of recordings

Martin Long mythtv at longhome.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 21:20:49 UTC 2007

Well, it currently allows for, but doesn't require padding. The global
setting will add padding, but remove it if a program starts at the same time
it finishes, even if a tuner of equal priority is available, doing nothing.
All I really want is for a different tuner to be selected in this case. Now,
if the second program is scheduled to start just a minute earlier, then all
the padding will be preserved!

I'm not after fancy rules, I agree with that sometimes you wouldn't want
padding dropped in favour or a less important program, but like Mike says
when we start to think of this, there's the whole mind reading thing, and
really, it's just best to keep it simple. All I would like to happen is the
status quo, except not to drop padding when there's a tuner sat idle.

Maybe if I can work out a patch, it could be considered if it's any good.

Martin