[mythtv] Info: MythTV and QT 3.3.8

Herbert Graeber lists at graeber-clan.de
Thu Mar 8 21:38:29 UTC 2007

Hello MythTV-Developers!

I want to inform you that mythtranscode doesn't work with Qt 3.3.8.

An user of my openSUSE MythTV packages on packman discovered this and file a
bug on SUSE bug tracker.

Meanwhile SUSE has fixed this issue, but it may last some time until the fix
will reach the KDE:KDE3 repositiory. I think Dirk Mueller from SUSE has send
a bug report to Trolltech.

A short description of the problem: Trolltech add a cleanup of the mysql (and
proably other modules) to the QApplication destructor. If the mysql plugin is
already unloaded this will relut in a segfault. This happend with
mythtranscode, but maybe with other programs, too.

Cheers
Herbert Graeber
Packman member