[mythtv] Info: MythTV and QT 3.3.8

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 10 16:16:09 UTC 2007

On 03/10/2007 07:36 AM, Adam Egger wrote:
> On 3/8/07, Stuart Morgan <stuart at tase.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 8 March 2007 21:38:29 Herbert Graeber wrote:
>>
>>> A short description of the problem: Trolltech add a cleanup of the mysql
>>> (and proably other modules) to the QApplication destructor. If the mysql
>>> plugin is already unloaded this will relut in a segfault. This happend with
>>> mythtranscode, but maybe with other programs, too.
>>>
>> Thank you for letting us know. Only yesterday I noticed a segfault in
>> mythfilldatabase, the backtrace indicated the QApp destructor but I'd been
>> able to narrow it down so you've saved me the trouble.
>>
> I wanted to confirm, that MythTV is almost unusable here with qt 3.3.8
> on feisty. mythtranscode, mythfilldb, mythcommflag and the backend
> keep crashing all the time.

You sure that's the QT 3.3.8 bug and not some configuration issue on
your systems?  Shouldn't the apps only segfault on shutdown (i.e. when
the QApplication destructor is run)?  If the apps (especially
long-running apps like the backend) are crashing "all the time," it
would seem to indicate to me there's something else going on.

Mike