[mythtv] Info: MythTV and QT 3.3.8

Herbert Graeber lists at graeber-clan.de
Sun Mar 11 20:57:43 UTC 2007

Am Sonntag, 11. März 2007 schrieb Stuart Morgan:
> On Sunday 11 March 2007 19:28:50 Adam Egger wrote:
> > Well, I use MythTv for several years now without ever having this kind
> > of issues. Two or three days ago the new QT 3.3.8 appeared on my
> > feisty and now I see crashing mythtranscode, mythfilldatabase etc all
> > the time (I just started the PC and see another crash report from
> > mythtranscode).
>
> Mythtranscode and Mythfilldatabase crashing is expected but they are only
> doing so after they have finished, at the point when they exit so it's not
> too serious. I've not seen either mythbackend or mythfrontend segfault but
> again, if they did it should be at the time they exit and not during use.

In the case of mytharchive it is serious, because archiving will not continue
after mythtranscode crashes.

> If you are seeing the backend or any other application crashing whilst in
> use, then open a ticket with a backtrace.

Yes one should. In the special case handeled by this thread, it's Qts fault,
so no bug report ist neccessary and if somebody should report this, it can be
closed, with a hint to this Qt problem.

> From my understanding this is purely a QT bug and nothing to do with the
> way Mythtv uses QT.

That's how it is.

For SUSE users this has already been solved with the latest packets from the
KDE:KDE3 repositorty, the same source where you may have the bug from.

Cheers,
Herbert